Table of Contents
- THE NEXT LEVEL
- The Faustian paradox stares back at us from the mirror. The collision course is us with ourselves. It's the clear reckoning of our material splendor with the balance of the community of life. It's time to move on to the next level.
- THE FUTURE IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE
- Have you ever thought about what the White House might look like if it were used as a model of smart, forward thinking? What if it sported solar panels, organic gardens, and passive heating and cooling? What if the White House went green and it reflected the thinking within? Check it out. Visit the Green White House.
- SOLUTIONS TO GLOBAL PROBLEMS START CLOSE TO HOME
- Jan Spencer begins culture change right there in his backyard. Front yard too! This is a good one from a fellow Eugenian. See some great photos to go with the article at Jan's webiste.
- THE REVOLUTION THAT IS ARISING FROM THE EARTH
- William H. Kötke details how people at the base of society are amid a new and positive revolution. No, this is not about a revolt against the power elites; it's about communities listening to the earth and learning to empower themselves.
- DESCENDING THE OIL PEAK
- The City of Portland, Oregon has recently become one of the first large U.S. cities to seriously address peak oil and how it will effect their city. In March of 2007, the Portland City Council issued a report entitled Descending the Oil Peak. It lays out a comprehensive plan for preparing Portland or any city for rising energy costs.
- POST CARBON CITIES
- This is an abridged version of Daniel Lerch's book Post Carbon Cities.
- LOVELOCK VILLAGE
- Creating intentional communities is one way for humans to diminish their impact on the planet. Visit this website to explore the 5,000 person ecovillage that is being built in Amarillo, Texas.
- THE PLAN
- William H. Kötke provides us with a plan to save the life of the earth and the human species.
- GIANT OCEAN GARBAGE DUMP
- A "plastic soup" of waste floating in the Pacific Ocean is growing at an alarming rate and now covers an area twice the size of the continental United States.
- DECARBONIZATION OF THE WORLD'S ECONOMY
- Ed O'Rourke provides insight into challenge of cutting our dependence on fossil fuels.
- FROM GOLDWATER CONSERVATIVE TO WAR ABOLITIONIST
- Ed O'Rourke recounts his evolution from a young Catholic conservative to anti-war activist.
- FIX THE PEACE MOVEMENT: DON'T ASK DON'T TELL DOESN'T WORK
- Ed O'Rourke critiques the Peace Movement and tells us how to get more out of it.
Many of the essays, stories, and reviews at Mud City Press are formated as ADOBE PDF files. If you don't have ADOBE's Acrobat Reader on your computer, you may download their free software at the ADOBE website.